1.The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
- He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
- He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
- Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. my cup overflows.
- Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
- Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love. according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.
- Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
- For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
- Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight.
so, you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge.
- Surely, I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
- Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place.
- Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
- Let me hear joy and gladness. let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
- Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.
- Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
- Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
- Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
- Then I will teach transgressors your ways, so that sinners will turn back to you.
- Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, you who are God my Saviour,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
15. Open my lips, Lord, and my mouth will declare your praise.
16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
- My sacrifice, O God, is[b] a broken spirit. a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise.
- May it please you to prosper Zion, to build up the walls of Jerusalem.
- Then you will delight in the sacrifices of the righteous, in burnt offerings offered whole; then bulls will be offered on your altar.
- Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
- Surely, he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.
- He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
- You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day.
- nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
- You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
- If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling.
- no harm will overtake you; no disaster will come near your tent.
11. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13. You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14. “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”