The seven deadly sins of life are a popular concept among many but unknown to couples when it comes to marriage. These sins in marriage can completely destruct your happy marriage, leading to non-repairable bonds. So, here is the list of the seven deadly sins of marriage so that every couple out there can be cautious enough to avoid these.
- Greed: The desire for wealth, power and money can corrupt a marriage when it becomes excessive, leading to selfishness and greed. If both partners seem to prioritise their money and wealth before their love and marriage, chances are that the marriage is mostly based on materialistic terms.
- Lust: Love when turned into lust can lead to a partner cheating on the other. The base of marriage is trust and understanding, which can get corrupted forever, as it leaves no chances of building a marriage again. Sexual and intimate relationships with others or indulging in pornographic exposure can damage one’s marriage in an instant.
- Gluttony: Even if this term relates to food habits, it can relate to marriage in an indirect manner; ‘gluttony’ in marriage means over-indulgence in anything. If your partner prioritises their own pleasure at the expense of your marriage, then gluttony in your marriage can turn out to be a very deadly sin, indeed. Letting one’s desires, ambitions, pleasure take precedence over their marriage is indulging in gluttony.
- Pride: Pride, while is necessary for all types of situations, can turn into a destructive emotion when it goes out of limits. Having excessive pride or over-confidence will lead you to think that you’re better than your partner. Your expectations from your spouse will rise to levels that can induce emotions of low self-esteem and under-performance in your partner.
- Despondency: This means that either one partner in the marriage is always in a constant state of low spirits and gloominess. If one person always projects a negative vibe and opinions, it slowly affects the marriage. The two partners, then turn miserable and get very discouraged about everything. A positive environment makes for a positive marriage and not a gloomy one.
- Slothfulness: You can’t expect your marriage to run smoothly without dedicating or putting any effort into it. Relationships and marriages require a lot of hard work, and it can be one of the most difficult things, but with joint effort and teamwork, couples go through it. However, your marriage will quickly fall apart if any one of the partners or both are lazy, dull, slothful and don’t give any efforts to retain the marriage.
- Wrath: There are constant fights and arguments in a marriage that aren’t a problem, but when severe anger, fury or wrath starts to seep into a marriage, both partners can experience a great deal of hurt mentally and physically. Extreme wrath can fall prey on couples specifically who lose out on their temper and lash out at each other. This deadly sin can leave a scar on you and your marriage if not stopped or treated immediately.